Sunday, September 20, 2009

Celebrating Birthdays and Eight Years of Blissfull Married Life

Most of you probably know that Matt and I share a birthday. Well last weekend we had a big canoe trip planned to celebrate, and I got sick. Thanks to Grandma Kelly, we recheduled for this weekend, and had a grand time traveling down the St. Croix. And since our anniversary is the 21st, we threw in a nice dinner and killed two birds with one stone. Above, here we are stopping for a break.
We parked the canoe and climbed around the shore for awhile. Gorgeous day! 80 degrees and sunny.


We started in Taylors Falls and went 7 miles down river to Osceola.




Matt pointed out this tree to me. Amazing! I asked him, "How do you think it survives?" because it was a HUGE, living tree. He answered me, "Well, look at it's huge water source!" Pardon me for getting spiritual, but I felt like it was a good example of our marriage and life so far. Ripped from the soil, roots bare, but still growing. And more amazing then ever. All because of our wonderfully supportive family and friends. God has been so good to us.


I don't know what he was doing here. Maybe ripping a good one? He kept saying he was "starting the engine." I was glad he put me in front!





Break for lunch on the sandy shore. It was so warm people were swimming!








A gorgeous cliff. We got right up next to it



Fall colors starting to sneak in.





What's a canoe trip with out a chocolate malt? We stopped after a wonderful dinner at Granite City...one of our favorite places. They have the BEST ceaser salad dressing, and killer meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes...Matt loves the blackened chicken alfredo...mmmmmmmm.







A beautiful sunset over Buffalo Lake on our way home. We ended the night buying toilet paper at Target, and then watching Taken at home. Red Box rocks.





No comments: