Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Natalie!




My expectations for Natalie's first birthday were wearing a pretty dress, and using Daddy's fingers to walk around the living room. Instead, she survived a major operation, and has hundreds of people praying for her well being. It just goes to show that I am horrible at predicting the future! I am so gratefull for her amazing strength, as our little girl is back to her normal self. While her body is still healing, her personality has fully recovered!










Today the boys teamed up to make Natalie's first birthday a special one. Jeepers and Isaiah helped make cupcakes and wrap her present.





Mmmm, good frosting!






Isaiah manning the Kitchen-Aide Mixer. He likes to make it go FAST.









Spoon tricks with the left-over frosting. Pink frosting! I love pink frosting...








Yes, they are as good as they look!











Natalie's first taste of cake batter! She wonders, "Why do they cook that stuff?"











After dinner it was time to open presents! Jeremiah really wanted to help, but mommy pinned him down. She loved her present! (The Fisher-Price Mailbox)













Many hours of fun to come! Next, it was time for cake and singing. I admit, I got choked up. We finally got to sing Happy Birthday to our little girl! This past year held so much, and I am so grateful to have a beautiful, healthy Natalie Jane.





Time to DIG IN!






"Happy Birthday to You, happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday, dear Natalie!

1 comment:

Moms Embracing Moms in Crisis said...

I am a friend of Jaci's from AZ. My sister & I have been praying for your family and have been overjoyed at God's faithfulnesswith Natalie. She is beautiful! You all will continue to be in our prayers. We hope you have a blessed Mother's Day. You have extra love and prayers coming your way!
Laurie Semien